How to define Industrial decoration?
“Industrial chic” finds inspiration in old factories. It’s often related to lofts and urban lifestyle. It became popular in the early 2000s and it’s still trendy. We just love it!
You can get the industrial look or blend it with your own easily with just a few pieces of furniture.
Here’s a guide on how to chose your distinct industrial pieces:
0. Less is more, simple and functional furniture not to fill up all your space, try to leave as many blank spaces as possible
- Raw materials. Wood and metal predominantly.
Think about old factories. Industrial Era. The smell of those machines working non-stop. And the most resistant and cheapest materials that could bear it. There you go, non-treated woods and
- Vintage look
Something that looks aged.
- Recycled pieces of machinery or industrial materials. Like an old wire coil as a dining table.
- Palets everywhere. You can take damaged ones and turn them into beautiful furniture!
- Neutral to dark colors
- Bricks, raw concrete on the walls
- Low pieces of furniture to exaggerate high ceilings (the loft look)
8. Low hanging and simple lightning
In Coavas we love industrial style because it blends in with every other style. Have a look at our industrial collection!